Saturday, June 20, 2009

Outside Scavenger Hung

Ava has a new favorite activity.  She loves outside scavenger hunts.  I was trying to think of something different to do and I came up with this super simple activity.  I came up with 8 items I thought we would be able to find outside in our neighborhood.  Some of the items were super easy and some we had to look a little harder to find.  I found pictures on the internet and then decided to print the word as well (to encourage those pre-literacy skills).  I simple divided the paper into two columns.  One side had the items and the other side had a place for Ava to check off what she found.  The girls love to take walks around the neighborhood so this was a perfect addition to our frequent neighborhood walks.  Ava took her binoculars.  I put Ellie in the wagon and we were off.  This activity lasted about an hour and we had so much fun.  I already have a second one saved on my computer for  a day when we need something fun to do. :)



No comments: